How to disable Prevent Cross-Site Tracking on iOS

debbiegrif
New Contributor II

I'm trying to disable "Prevent Cross-Site Tracking" in Safari for a group of iOS student iPads and cannot find the setting in configuration profiles.  Apologies if it's under my nose.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

The setting doesn't exist in Jamf Pro, it does in Jamf School but there is a caveat. You can't disable it in the same sense that you can't disable the popup blocker no matter how it's worded in Pro or School. What you can do is enable the setting to be changed by the user. This may have changed in a newer version of Pro or iPadOS 15, but it's been consistently this way since the beginning.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

The setting doesn't exist in Jamf Pro, it does in Jamf School but there is a caveat. You can't disable it in the same sense that you can't disable the popup blocker no matter how it's worded in Pro or School. What you can do is enable the setting to be changed by the user. This may have changed in a newer version of Pro or iPadOS 15, but it's been consistently this way since the beginning.

debbiegrif
New Contributor II

Thank you for responding, I thought I was missing something.  

rsahadi-a
New Contributor

I am needing the ability to do this as well.  I am a Jamf Pro admin.  I have a terminal command that works if you manually run it on the computer but I can't get this to work from JAMF pro as a script or from running it in Files and Processes.  

Here is the terminal command:

defaults write ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Safari/Data/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist BlockStoragePolicy 1

I created a script with and without using #!/bin/sh

carlosmunoz
New Contributor

Please add the ability to do this, I am a systems admin in CPS and asking teachers and Tech people to manually switch off the cross site tracking is just too much...