How to fill a Static group if in a google sheet (enrollment)

PPAict
New Contributor II

I have this need.
I would like that during the enrollment phase, if a user belongs to a certain list, he is added to a static group.
I don't know if there is something similar or a different and simpler approach for my need.

Basically I have 100 users with an Office 365 license and I would like that only those entitled to be able to install the available software on self-service.

In my imagination the ideal script should do this:
an enroll policy that checks whether the email address present in the user & location section is contained in a specific file on Google Sheet.

I use something similar to rename Macs, this script actually downloads the .csv file locally (with serial and asset name) and writes it to jamf pro with the -fromfile function (bash).
While in my case I should probably use the API to write to the static group.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Obviously I also accept different approaches, which however are not manual (at the moment I check each enroll via webhook and quickly add by hand if the user has the license).

Thanks everyone

3 REPLIES 3

Shyamsundar
New Contributor II

If you possess the list of individuals who hold an Office 365 license and their corresponding device serial numbers, you can attempt to utilize the Inventory PReload feature. Alternatively, if you have designated a specific Ad Group for the user with the Office 365 license, you can restrict the self-service policy to that particular group.

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

Have you looked at MUT yet? Its main function is populating static groups. I have only used it in context of populating static groups with serials but I believe it does similar work with user info.

PPAict
New Contributor II

thanks both @Shyamsundar and @easyedc .

I didn't know about the preload inventory function. Instead I had taken a look at MUT, which I discovered recently. Let's say that both involve manual work which is not exactly what I would like, but nevertheless they are useful resources that I will take into consideration.

I currently use a script to rename macs that I found here:

https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/rename-computer-using-google-sheet/m-p/261410

I'm trying to adapt it for this purpose, modifying the second part to assign a user found within a csv to a static group.