How to install AMPAgent.pkg (Kace) on Catalina

salkam
New Contributor

Hi,

Can someone please help me with the deployment of Kace Agent to our machine with Jamf Pro?

I have searched a lot but haven't found any guides on doing this except the one below and it didn't work for me.
https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/7130/dell-kace1000

I have uploaded the Kace Agent installer file named as AMPAgent.pkg to Jamf Pro site and I can see it amongst the packages. I then created a script as follows:

!/bin/sh

# Create the /Library/Application Support/Dell/KACE/data on the boot drive
mkdir -p "/Library/Application Support/Dell/KACE/data"

# Add the server address of the KBox 1000 to /Library/Application Support/Dell/KACE/data/amp.conf
# (I am not sure if we even need this cause the Kace Agent is already configured with our server address and everything)
echo "host=thisisourserveraddress" > "/Library/Application Support/Dell/KACE/data/amp.conf"

# Wait 15 seconds
sleep 15

# Install the KBox agent
/usr/sbin/installer -dumplog -verbose -pkg "$1/Contents/Resources/AMPAgent.pkg" -target /

But every time I try to run the script it fails with this error message.

Script result: installer: Error - the package path specified was invalid: '//Contents/Resources/AMPAgent.pkg'.
Error running script: return code was 1.

Thank you very much.

2 REPLIES 2

skim0303
New Contributor

Any updates on this?

having similar issue

thanks

salkam
New Contributor

This issue has been resolved now.

Root Cause
Error - the package path specified was invalid: '/Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/AMPAgent.pkg'

Solution Summary
1. Put the AMPAgent.pkg in /tmp/KACE
2. drag the KACE folder into Composer, create a package, and upload that package to JAMF Pro
3. Create a policy that installs that package and references the .pkg file in the script that installs it.