HP Plotter issues

mpittcasd
Contributor

This might be a long shot, but I'm having a hard time finding a similar issue anywhere online or getting HP from HP anywhere.

The issue is with an HP Designjet T520 plotter cutting off the end of the image when it prints. It will get most of the way through but stop and feed the rest of the length of the paper and cut it. Sometimes it continues where it left off and wastes another section of paper equal to the image size. This is printing from Preview; when trying to print with Photoshop I couldn't set the paper size correctly.

What I've done so far is:

Re-installed the software/drive package from the HP website. HP support then had me get the HP Driver Pack from Apple but it still did the same thing. I tried printing the image as a JPEG and a PDF but got the same result.
I adjusted the print quality settings because one note in the manual said to lower the DPI from 600 to 300, but the only options I had were 600 and 1200. Changing any other quality/speed setting didn't make a difference.

The catch is I have been able to print successfully to this plotter but any time a user goes to use it following the same steps I use they get the issue I describe above. If anyone has a solid solution to getting this to print reliably I would be eternally grateful.

0 REPLIES 0