I made something else for you, launchd Package Creator

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

Fresh off the heels of DockBuilder, I've pushed something else I've been working on to GitHub for the community.

launchd Package Creator is a utility that allows you to easily create a .pkg containing a LaunchDaemon or LaunchAgent, and a target script of your choosing. The target script is also packaged, so nothing else is required on the Mac.

This is a pre-release, so be aware that you might encounter some bugs, and there are not a ton of options right now either. Like always, use it, or not, your choice.313bfca6235044ca86fada10345494ac

9 REPLIES 9

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

Again! Nice Ryan! Going to save a lot of people a lot of time, very nice. Thank you!

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

hdsreid
Contributor III

As someone that has to reference daemons every time I need a new one, this should help save some time. Thanks!

nwagner
Contributor

This is nice, I like this. It could really make people's life alot easier to just make a package. Also gives me ideas.

We use python to write both the LaunchD file and the BASH or Python script it calls. That way I never have to re-package anything. But, seeing this, makes me thing I could write something that would push the python up to JAMF through the API.

chrgra
New Contributor III

Najs :)

jmariani
Contributor

This is great thanks!

mvught
Contributor

Perfect mate, thanks a lot for sharing

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

Keep an eye out. A couple more features will be added Tuesday or Wednesday.

tjhall
Contributor III

Thanks Ryan
Are the built packages automatically signed? See this coming handy used in conjunction with the --eraseinstall command.

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

@tjhall They are not signed. You could sign it yourself using:

productsign --sign "{your_identity}" original.pkg signed.pkg

I could maybe work in an option to sign the .pkg using your own cert in a future release.