I want to useapi of jamf to set the recovery lock, but it keeps reporting an error?sad

taochunhua
New Contributor II

I'm a school teacher, I recently got a new batch of m1 mac computers, I want to use "api/preview/mdm/commands" in the api of jamf to set the recovery lock, but I don't know why but it keeps reporting an error, the error is as follows, have you encountered the same problem?

curl -X POST "" -H "accept: application/json" -H "Authorization: Bearer eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhdXRoZW50aWNhdGVkLWFwcCI6IkdFTkVSSUMiLCJhdXRoZW50aWNhdGlvbi10eXBlIjoiSlNTIiwiZ3JvdXBzIjpbXSwic3ViamVjdC10eXBlIjoiSlNTX1VTRVJfSUQiLCJ0b2tlbi11dWlkIjoiMTgwODkwYTMtMGRmYy00YWM0LWJkNTItMmE0ZjZjYTUxOWEzIiwibGRhcC1zZXJ2ZXItaWQiOi0xLCJzdWIiOiIyIiwiZXhwIjoxNjY4MDc0ODAxfQ.Qn8KTQztpl55jdjB-gRIsvQ42wUoshG09OCSrVmwfms" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d "{\"clientData\":[{\"managementId\":\"aaaaaaaa-3f1e-4b3a-a5b3-ca0cd7430937\"}],\"commandData\":{\"commandType\":\"ENABLE_LOST_MODE\"}}"

500Error:
Response body
Download
{
  "httpStatus": 500,
  "errors": [
    {
      "code": "SYSTEM_EXCEPTION",
      "description": "Unable to perform MDM operation",
      "id": "0",
      "field": null
    }
  ]
}
Response headers
 cache-control: no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate  content-type: application/json  date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 09:43:30 GMT  expires: 0  server: Jamf Cloud Node  strict-transport-security: max-age=31536000; includeSubdomains;, max-age=31536000 ; includeSubDomains  x-frame-options: DENY  x-xss-protection: 1; mode=block 
1 REPLY 1

talkingmoose

I see at least a couple of issues with what you're trying to submit.

First, a POST shouldn't include a -H "accept: application/json" header. That's for receiving data not sending data. You do have a -H "Content-Type: application/json" header, which is good. You'll only ever include one or the other not both.

Second, I don't see a URL. Maybe you've left that out for brevity, but without it here, we can't be sure your curl command is correct.

Here's an older script to enable Lost Mode using the Classic API. It may help you with what you're trying to do. Note the comment someone added at the bottom.

https://gist.github.com/talkingmoose/f44d0d87d08b48daa0e887a6239c1766