iCloud restore removing supervision

Hokay
New Contributor

Let me start off by saying that since iOS 7 has hit, casper and managing devices in a school of more than 500+ students each with their own ipads and faculty/staff with Macbook airs has been a complete nightmare. My main problem at the moment is applying the supervision profile to an ipad, we need to do this in order to remove imessage and game center from certain device groups. I am able to supervise the device however when i restore from a users iCloud the supervision is wiped. The only way i can keep the supervision on students devices is to set up as a new iPad which is not ideal since students have documents stored on their ipad locally and they rely on the icloud backups when the ipad becomes unusable. I really don't understand why i need to plug in my device to a computer to apply a profile that only really allows me to restrict 2 items (imessage and game center)... and why this can't be done from casper itself is very frustrating...

Please if anyone has any idea on what can be done to apply the supervision to already setup ipad without having to completely rebuild it for the student it would be extremely appreciated. Or otherwise possibly restrict imessage and game center a different way (and i dont mean built in restrictions under settings).

Thank you,

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

ipadedtechie
New Contributor

There is nothing you can do at this point. Hopefully Apple will fix this issue. In iOS 6, if you backed up a Supervised device to iCloud, when you restored it onto a new iPad, the Supervision Profile was intact. In iOS 7, this does not happen. I had a broken device come in and restored the student's iCloud backup and discovered that the profiles we had installed with Configurator were not on the device.

The removal of the Supervision profile if iOS 7 is done by students OTA is making news, but I'm not hearing anything about this backup issue which is HUGE. I'm guessing most have not experienced this yet. When they do...

Not applicable

Anyone here know how to remove icloud? or maybe where to submit our data to proof owner. i will pay for it info@im-changer.com