Icons with download symbol next to it

MGonzalez
New Contributor

Lately when replacing an iPad we would do a restore from iCloud. The students have managed Apple IDs. On the new iPad everything goes back onto the iPad, but some of the apps that were downloaded from Self Service have the download Cloud icon that it needs to be downloaded. OK, then I would click on the app for it to download and it fails saying it is unable to download. This is after the fact that the iPad is verified that it is in JAMF and in our DEP correctly and gets the Config as well from the MDM. Sometimes I can go into JAMF and clear out the pending apps or failed apps and they get downloaded. Other times that doesn't work. The only way I get it to work is going into Self Service and manually downloading the apps to that the iPad has. Does anyone know what can be causing the apps not to download automatically? Or when the app is pressed again it fails all the time? The iPads are running iOS 11 and we arent on JAMF PRO yet.

2 REPLIES 2

WhippsT
Contributor

Were you ever able to come up with a solution for this? We're still seeing this issue.

user-WoNLWcTNNt
New Contributor

I am seeing the same issue. Any updates?
9408376e10524009920d53d8ef543cbb