iLife apps revert to requesting AppleID

Tolandese
Contributor

Today it was brought to my attention that one of our groups of 100+ iPads is suddenly requesting an AppleID for access. When we deployed these iPads last summer we did a 2x wipe and restore to force the iPads to pull a VPP license to avoid this. It has worked just fine up until this weekend. We have verified that none of the other groups within the same scope were affected. Has anyone else seen this behavior? We cannot have students create projects that they may not have the next day.

6 REPLIES 6

cindy_jimenez
New Contributor II

We are experiencing this issue as well with VPP applications for iWorks for Macs, it is continually prompting for an Apple Id.

Tolandese
Contributor

Refreshing this as we are once again getting the issue. 2 separate grade levels at 2 separate buildings suddenly are finding that pages, keynote, numbers, iMovie so far have been prompting for an AppleID after working fine all year. The Apps show as managed in device inventory. We have had to delete and reinstall these apps which means the students have lost any data and projects in them. I know when clips was launched it created this problem again, but i don't understand why these apps would flip back?

kfjamf
New Contributor III

@Tolandese See any differences in file size/etc of the apps if you download fresh copies on a test device?

Tolandese
Contributor

Massively. 20KB v. 445 MB being reported.

ewilliams1221
New Contributor

Did anyone come up with a solution for this? I am experiencing this right now with iMovie with my iPads.

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

You can get licenses for free for the apps. No way around it.