Illustrator CS6 security hotfix

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

Today I am wearing the Patch Management hat, and I don't like it a bit.

Being asked to deploy the Illustrator CS6 security hotfixhttp://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/illustrator/apsb14-11.html.

I don't actively manage Photoshop or Illustrator, but have deployed RUM. So the first order of business is to see who needs the Ill 16.0.4 update that's required to install the 16.0.5 hotfix; woahh not so easy...

Problem 1: Adobe Illustrator CS6 only shows up in inventory as Adobe Illustrator.app- WTH?
Problem 2: Adobe Illustrator.app reports it's version as all kinds of whack numbers; 39, 367, 682, 691, 399- WTH?
Problem 3: After actually updating to v16.0.4 with RUM, the Hotfix is not available via Application Manager
Problem 4: The hotfix download is an installer.app with a payloads folder- Seriously?

Is anyone else sitting in this AAURHH (Adobe Application Upgrade Rabbit Hole Hell) scratching their heads?

2 REPLIES 2

JasonL01
New Contributor

Yes, I am also trying to figure out how to deploy this hotfix when even their adobe application manager doesn't see this hotfix when you run it locally. Please let me know if you do find anything on this.

thanks.

carlo_anselmi
Contributor III

Hello, has anyone found a way to solve this?
Many thanks for your help!