Install Cached Policy

EUC-Admin
New Contributor III

Hi all,

Is it feasible to have individual policies that install cached installation files of programs that then will be queued off and installed via a global policy that checks in to install all cached policies on devices?

Currently, I run two policies per installation package. One policy will install a cached version of the package onto the target machine. The second policy will simply install the cached package from the previously run policy, in files and processes I've configured a terminal callout to that previous one as well.

I'm hoping for the following:

For example, if I create a single policy that just installed the cached installer for a program then another maintenance policy would run which would trigger the install for all these programs.

Is this possible? I'd like to do this on a monthly cadence.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adefallo
New Contributor II

Me again! Just pasting my response from the MacAdmin slack forum: 

You can create a policy under "Maintenance" and check the box that says to install all cached policieimage.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

adefallo
New Contributor II

Me again! Just pasting my response from the MacAdmin slack forum: 

You can create a policy under "Maintenance" and check the box that says to install all cached policieimage.png

EUC-Admin
New Contributor III

As an update: This does work as intended. A few things in my own environment are cluttering it up to a totally clean deployment. Otherwise, now the fun part which is to define the cadence of everything.

Highly recommend this github:

https://github.com/pbowden-msft/Payloads

Super valuable to this process and deployment (if your specifically deploying Office 365)