Install N-Able agent Mac OS X

citadmin
New Contributor

Dear All,

I try to install the following:

5942e2bea0824e4d82330e4065a636e5

All the files are required in order to install the agent. We first created a .pkg through composer which extracts the content to a folder.

Next we try to install the package with the following .sh script:

sh /Library/folder/batch-install.sh -P /Library/folder/agent-macosx.pkg -T / -s 'server-url' -c 'company name' -i 'id'

However JSS cannot install it due to a error. When I check the error it says the following:

Script result: sudo /Library/folder/agent-macosx.pkg/Contents/Plugins/ActDlg.bundle/Contents/Resources/InitialValidate -s server-url -n 443 -p https -f /tmp/nagent.conf -i id -c company name -l /tmp/nagent_install_log<br/>sudo: /Library/folder/agent-macosx.pkg/Contents/Plugins/ActDlg.bundle/Contents/Resources/InitialValidate: command not found<br/>Could not successfully self-register agent<br/>

When I copy the content of the package as a logged in user and I execute the same script there is no issue at all. The agent installs as it should be. Below you can find the permissions:

e32a60bc54ba47c3b42b1cf0ad86d4a6

The upper permissions are the one when JSS extracts the content to the desired folder. After the extraction it tries to install it (as mentioned above) and gives the error:
Script result: sudo /Library/folder/agent-macosx.pkg/Contents/Plugins/ActDlg.bundle/Contents/Resources/InitialValidate -s server-url -n 443 -p https -f /tmp/nagent.conf -i id -c company name -l /tmp/nagent_install_log<br/>sudo: /Library/folder/agent-macosx.pkg/Contents/Plugins/ActDlg.bundle/Contents/Resources/InitialValidate: command not found<br/>Could not successfully self-register agent<br/>

The below permissions are the one when I manually extract the content to the same desired folder. I am logged in as the user and I am able to install the agent.

What can I do to make sure this agent is installed automatically through a profile or 'Self Service'?

4 REPLIES 4

citadmin
New Contributor

Nobody?

michaelgarcia
New Contributor II

Picking up on this old thread.. were you able to get this install sorted? Can't figure it out myself!

Thanks
Michael

sfaeder
New Contributor III

I would like to know this as well please!

Facing the same issue with finding a way to package Apple Nable agent. Anyone have any suggestions?

Nfawad
New Contributor II

I am trying to deploy the N-able Agent the package deployed okay, but the registration token missing the activation token while to register the the agent, when i check the hidden files under N-able agent in Applications folder the .installationData.xml is there not pulling the activation token. any thoughts or tricks? b2c5c0a1f9b245feb3a2eb408bcb295c