Installing 8.4 on Lion 10.7

ktrampe
New Contributor II

Yay! A shiny new version of Casper Suite! 8.4!

I'm looking to install it tonight on a Lion box. Anyone successfully done that yet? I've already got Java from here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1421
I don't have an Enterprise license of MySQL. Community Server okay? It looks like MySQL doesn't have an official installer for 10.7, right?

3 REPLIES 3

golbiga
Contributor III
Contributor III

My test box is running Lion and it was a pretty straight forward install for 8.31. I also upgraded it to 8.4 today and didn't notice any issues. I'm using Community server on that box as well, the official installer is 10.6+ I believe. My recommendation would be to just follow the instructions in the QuickStart guide. That should get you up and running.

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

Install on a 10.7 test box from scratch was straight forward. The only issue I found so far is with login window profile creation is kinda broke. It's a known issue and they are fixing it in a update I guess. Community SQL works fine on Lion.

ktrampe
New Contributor II

Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses.
The quick start guide didn't really say much about how to install MySQL, only that it was a requirement and they linked to MySQL's download page, but didn't specify which one to download.
I used the 64-bit DMG; It worked wonderfully. Once the MySQL package was installed I just ran the startup installer and .prefPane so that I had a quick GUI to it.

The quick start guide covered the rest pretty well.