Installing Citrix and a Configuration file

Over9000
New Contributor III

I'm wondering if anyone is deploying Citrix via policy or using Casper Remote and how they handle the installation with a configuration file so that it has the storeurl and everything already setup when a user opens it for the first time.

Is anyone doing this now and may I ask how? I'm having trouble figuring this out at the moment.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

golbiga
Contributor III
Contributor III

I started working on this the other day. I think I have it working properly but I want to check with the group in charge of our Citrix environment before putting it in Self Service. I'm taking a configured ~/Library/Application Support/Citrix Receiver/Config and packaging it up with a postinstall script that first checks for the current logged in user and then copies the Config file into their ~/L/AS/Citrix Receiver folder. In my testing when I launch Citrix for the first time on my test systems everything is setup.

Allen

wmateo
Contributor

Create a Policy with 2 components. the Citrix .pkg and the .dmg containing the config file. in the DMG of the config file I used FEU FUT option since it will go into the user library. I also have a script that removes preferences to the old store. I can post if interested.

Over9000
New Contributor III

I'm interested! That would be great thank you!

djwojo
Contributor

I can 2nd @wmateo's suggestion as I do the same with Receiver 12.0 and a config.

wmateo
Contributor

Sorry for late response. I use This script to kill citrix process if it's running, delete the plist if needed (you may not need to do this if the store will remain the same. In my case, we were deploying a new url), citrix app, and config file.

In the same policy, I deploy the Citrix package, a DMG containing the config file with the store URL using (feu fut) options.

@djwojo I would love to see if you have a more efficient method of doing this, although this works. would you mind posting your process?

!/bin/bash

Removal of Citrix Receiver from OSX 10.x

Written by Wagner Mateo

process="Citrix Receiver"
apputil="/Applications/Utilities/"

processrunning=$( ps axc | grep "${process}" )
if [ "$processrunning" != "" ]; then echo "$process found running" appdir=$(mdfind -onlyin /Applications/ "kMDItemKind == 'Application' && kMDItemDisplayName == '$process'") echo "App directory is: ${appdir}" /bin/echo "Stopping process: $process" killall "${process}" sleep 5

fi

rm -rf /Applications/Citrix Receiver.app
rm -rf /Users//Applications/
rm -rf /Library/Internet plug-ins/CitrixICAClientPlugIn.plugin
rm -rf /Library/LaunchAgents/com.citrix.AuthManager_Mac.plist
rm -rf /Library/LaunchAgents/com.citrix.ServiceRecords.plist
rm -rf /Users//Applications/
rm -rf /Users//Library/Application Support/Citrix Receiver
rm -rf /Users/
/Applications/Internet plug-ins/CitrixICAClientPlugIn.plugin
rm -rf /Users//Library/Application Support/Citrix Receiver/Config
rm -rf /Users/
/Library/Application Support/Citrix Receiver/CitrixID
rm -rf /Users//Library/Application Support/Citrix Receiver/Module
rm -rf /Users/
/Preferences/com.citrix.ReceiverFTU.AccountRecords.plist
rm -rf /Users//Preferences/com.citrix.receiver.nomas.plist
rm -rf /Users/
/Preferences/com.citrix.receiver.nomas.plist.lockfile
rm -rf /private/var/db/receipts
rm -rf /private/var/db/receipts/com.citrix.ICAClient.bom
rm -rf /private/var/db/receipts/com.citrix.ICAClient.plist
rm -rf /Users//Library/Application/Citrix/FollowMeData rm -rf /Users//Library/Application Support/ShareFile
rm -rf /Library/PreferencePanes/FMDSysPrefPane.prefPane
rm -rf /private/var/db/receipts/com.citrix.ShareFile.installer.plist
rm -rf /private/var/db/receipts/com.citrix.ShareFile.installer.bom
rm -rf /Users/*/ShareFile
rm -rf /private/var/db/receipts/com.citrix.ShareFile.installer.plist
rm -rf /private/var/db/receipts/com.citrix.ShareFile.installer.bom

exit 0

wmateo
Contributor

@djwojo can you post your process for deploying 12.0? I see some of the preference locations have changed from 11.9.15

I am preparing for 12

djwojo
Contributor

Sure @wmateo -

I am using a simple composer package that puts our "config" file into the Users:

"~/Library/Application Support/Citrix Receiver/" folder by using the FET and FUT options.

It runs after the Receiver 12.0 install pkg within the policy. We do not do a cleanup as we are getting ready to redeploy a new Citrix store soon and plan to address any further issues then. Nothing fancy here as our users are allowed to config as they please once pointed to the correct store.

So far It has worked fine, but again fairly small 200 user base. I should also mention we do not have any machines pre 10.9.5 any longer. We keep it very lean!

Over9000
New Contributor III

@djwojo I am doing it the same way you are now with 12 and thank you for posting too @wmateo. It seems to work but it requires a restart for the existing user. It works for any new users or existing users who aren't logged in at the time of install. Seems like something Citrix related that is running and needs to be killed before it can successfully work in our environment. If we don't reboot, the user just gets a message that it can't connect to the server when they attempt to login. Not a problem during our imaging process but adding a reboot as part of the policy in self service for manual installs isn't a big problem.

bhaessly
New Contributor

Can anyone explain how they got their config file? I am trying to do the same, but I do not know how to get the config file.

cddwyer
Contributor

@wmateo The script is potentially dangerous and full of syntax errors anyway you shouldn't recommend that anyone run that. It has lines to delete all user home folder applications, all receipts in '/var/db', and is full of surplus / characters. I'm not trying to be rude bro its just that could really cause someone that didn't understand sufficiently a whole load of trouble, especially if deployed en masse to an estate of Macs.