Installing Kaseya with Jamf Pro Cloud

clairevl
New Contributor

Hi all!

I have been tasked with installing Kaseya VAS through Jamf Pro at my agency. I want to avoid the why question, cause I know you will feel the same way I do!

When I try to create the package in Composer with a snapshot, it will create the pkg, but with my personal machines settings, which means it will show up as my MacOS devices in the Kaseya back-end for every machine that I run this pkg on. Meaning that a user named Mike will still show on the back-end as being on my personal machine.

When I download the Kaseya agent from my VSA site, I get a file with the agent application, and the items needed for installation (plist, cmd, exe). Now, I imagine that the agent installation application is just some script or wineskin to run the exe for install.

I have been dealing with this for a month now, with no movement from Kaseya support, and it is driving me nuts!!! Any ideas? Thanks a bunch for taking a look!

2 REPLIES 2

Manny_TBCS
New Contributor II

Hey @clairevl, where you ever able to figure this out? We are on the same boat of trying to deploy Kaseya through Jamf Pro, I have a KcsSetup App that in theory I should be able to install via terminal command, however, when I try to run the install script located inside the App file, I get the following error message:

Error 2: Installation of the Agent failed because the command line arguments file does not exist in the installer bundle. (/cmdLine.cmd)

The App should already have all the necessary flags set up from creating the Agent package via the Kaseya Wizard, but for some reason it just does not work.

Anyway, if you were able to get anywhere with this, please let me know. If I am able to get the terminal command to install it working, I can then create a Jamf Pro policy to deploy the PKG and silently install the Agent via a policy process like we have it set up for other Policies.

Thanks in advance!

I figured out a way to deploy Kaseya via Jamf Pro using a Script within a Policy, so just sharing with anyone who might also run into this in the future, hopefully it helps you. Please note, you will need to host the installer in a .ZIP file somewhere that's accessible for your Macs, maybe an NGINX or Apache server hosted somewhere (internally or DigitalOcean for example).

Here is the script I was able to get working:

cd /private/tmp
unzip macos_kaseya.zip
chown -R root:staff /private/tmp/Agent*
open "/private/tmp/Agent/KcsSetup.app"
sleep 60 && rm -rf /private/tmp/macos_kaseya.zip && rm -rf /private/tmp/Agent