Instructions on how to update third-party SSL for Tomcat?

perrinbw
New Contributor II

I've been looking and have not seen any instructions on how to update to a new third party SSL for Tomcat. I tried using the web GUI to do it, but no such luck.

4 REPLIES 4

jonnydford
Contributor II

Enabling SSL on Tomcat with a Public Certificate

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=115

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

The vendors that I've used to purchase publically signed certs have usually had decent documentation specific to tomcat.

DanJ_LRSFC
Contributor III

I'm looking at wanting to do this as well - I thought in the latest JSS versions there was a way to do it through the web interface? I'm running 9.92.

EDIT: yes, there is, but the web GUI only seems to do part of the process? In System Settings -> Apache Tomcat Settings there is a thing for changing the SSL certificate, but it doesn't offer to create a CSR for submission to the third party CA.

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hey all,

As @davidacland mentioned, third party SSL vendors provide specific instructions on how to get their certificate working with Tomcat.

As the steps tend to vary a little from vendor to vendor, the usual recommendation from Support is that you first look at your SSL cert vendor's website for their instructions on installing their certificate for use with Tomcat. When a support ticket for this comes in, the first thing we do is hit the SSL vendor's site and just walk through the KB the vendor provides for installation steps. The KB on JAMF Nation is just meant to be kind of a high level overview "how-to" as the specific steps can vary from vendor to vendor.

The only real caveat is to make sure you look at their KB/instructions for Apache Tomcat/Tomcat, not just regular Apache, as the steps will be different.

If you're more comfortable going through those steps with your TAM, please do feel free to open a case.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff JAMF Support