Integrating Casper in a MaaS 360 environment

hunter99
New Contributor

I have recently moved to a new job. They have a fair number of macs (a whole more PC's) but have not been doing anything for mobile management with them. They do use MaaS 360 to get some information but are looking at a full blown management solution such as Casper.

What they would like to be able to do is keep MaaS 360 for now and slowly integrate Casper into the environment. Has anyone had an environment with both running or know if there would be an issue integrating Casper into this environment. I realize that means more profiles per machine but eventually will bleed the MaaS 360 product out and just use Casper.

I will admit it's their own fault they got to this point. This should have been addressed a long time ago. Now the situation is they need to meet certain policy requirements that they are not doing. There is no central imaging, nothing. They don't even fully use MaaS 360 on the macs to it's full potential since they don't know macs at all.

Anyway, any information or experience you may have please share. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@hunter99 one issue you'll have is that devices can only have one MDM, so if a device is enrolled into MaaS then it'll not be able to be enrolled into the JSS.

So really, when bringing Macs into the JSS you'll want them removed from MaaS.

Also, I don't think MaaS has an API (we demoed it for a bit for a mobile solution). The reason I bring this up is that people might lose the "single pane of glass" that they have been used to.

If they do have an API, the you should be able to update MaaS from the JSS.

But the main issue off the top of my head would be the MDM

hunter99
New Contributor

Bentoms, thank you! That is very helpful.

The API I am not too worried about. While there are a fair number of Macs, they will just have to be moved over as we can go through them.

These guys were interested in using MaaS for managing the Macs until I pointed out that it does not provide any means to manage images or push them out. There is very little scheduling in it either. It's not a bad product just not as feature rich as I feel it needs to be.

As for mobile devices I think we will leave it to handle that. There are far too many of them to go back and do at this point.