Introducing Jamf ID to Jamf Nation!

msonntag
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Jamf Nation!

Today, we are excited to announce Jamf ID. Jamf ID allows you to access both Jamf Nation and Training using one set of login credentials — a big step in providing a unified and seamless login experience.

On Thursday, February 20, we plan to officially roll out Jamf ID to the Jamf Nation community. To activate your Jamf ID, log in to Jamf Nation on or after February 20. After you log in, your user account will automatically be transitioned to Jamf ID.

If you have not created a Training account in the past, your Jamf ID will be completed automatically the first time you log in to Jamf Nation after February 20. If you have a Jamf Pro subscription, you will also gain access to Training using your new Jamf ID after logging in.

If you currently have a Training and Jamf Nation account with the same email address, you will be prompted to update your password to ensure you have one password for Jamf ID. Once the new password is successfully created, you can use the same email address and password combination to log in to both Training and Jamf Nation.

Please note that this process will not impact any past user data or activity. Your profile and all of your Jamf Nation history and Training activity will be preserved, and no additional steps need to be taken to access this information. Please let us know in the comments below if you have any questions.

Thank you, Jamf Nation!

13 REPLIES 13

NowAllTheTime
Contributor III

Any chance this will also introduce the ability to change your username once Jamf ID goes live?

msonntag
Contributor
Contributor

Hey @jasonaswell!
This is actually possible right now. While logged in you can go to https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/my-account/ and change your username. That will remain editable once the migration takes place.

NowAllTheTime
Contributor III

@msonntag Awesome! I don't know how I missed this. Thanks!

Andreas_Schenk
Contributor
Contributor

Will that be using "Sign in with Apple"? I'd love that.

Andreas_Schenk
Contributor
Contributor

6ecb1e3fe51243a4b66dd14cef7ffac3

EHoug
New Contributor II

Just tried to access https://account.jamf.com and got prompted for Jamf ID (I logged into Jamf Nation successfully first) but not getting authenticated using my Jamf Nation credentials, maybe I am just being a little to eager :-), will give it a go again in a few days

EHoug
New Contributor II

Yep, sorry, being to eager, got access now :-)

prbsparx
Contributor II

If our Jamf Nation and Jamf Training accounts were different emails is it possible to combine them?

jkosowski
New Contributor III

After migrating to Jamf ID, should both sets of credentials then get you into Jamf Nation? My old Jamf Nation username and password still log me in to my Jamf Nation account, and my new Jamf ID (migrated from my Jamf Training site account) also logs me into the same Jamf Nation account. Two completely and fully different sets of credentials (different username/email and two different passwords).

karanexalt1
New Contributor

Hello Sir,

Can i download JAMF Composer by any chance by using my ID? i am not able to access the trail version also. Please help.

mbezzo
Contributor III

@msonntag echoing @prbsparx - I too have different emails for each, how might we go about combining them?

Thanks!
Matt

TechM
New Contributor III

The JamfID migration process is not transparent about the Primary Email Address being locked in (greyed out). I can say that my Company Email Address and Primary Email Address should NOT be the same and if there is a way to change this, lets?

Or will I have to create a new JamfID?

Also, there should be a box to let us choose where emails should be sent to.

fernando_gonzal
Contributor

I'm assuming Jamf ID will expand out to Jamf Pro instances eventually and introduce Two Factor Authentication?