Intune VS Jamf Pro

MacJunior
Contributor III

Hey guys, 

The management is thinking to move from Jamf Pro to Intune to manage our Macs, I've never worked with Intune before and would like someone who is using it to tell me about their experience : 

- Is it really good MDM for managing Macs?

- Comparing to Jamf, which one is better?

- Any downside of moving from Jamf to Intune?

Hope someone can shed some light on these points.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

piotrr
Contributor III

- It is not as good as Jamf. It's getting there but Jamf is just years ahead in development of a Mac MDM. I use it for Devices though! 

- Depends on your need. I have sometimes wanted to gather all devices in one tool rather than split between Intune and Jamf like we are today. But for the special, finicky or weird Mac solutions, Intune just doesn't have a way to solve them yet. 

- Well first of all you're going to have to re-enroll all of your Macs, which may be destructive if you've installed apps and settings using Jamf-specific mechanics, so you'll have to try to recreate those. There are many things you cannot do in Intune, such as dynamic group policy assignments. 

Utilizator
Contributor

We started with Intune for managing Macs then moved to Jamf. It's night and day - Jamf is better in every single aspect, particuarly Patch Management.

I'd highly recommend arguing to stick with Jamf.

MacJunior
Contributor III

Thanks guys for all the feedback @piotrr @Utilizator