Inventory Network Account Server

youngmk
New Contributor

I want to pull a report to see the network status, or Active Directory binding for the active machines in JAMF. I was looking at extension attributes and just tried to pull an advanced report showing AD under display but it seems to be unreliable.

Is there any extension attribute or way to poll the machine to see if it is joined to the domain.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Active Directory status is a standard inventory report item in the Casper Suite. You don't need an Extension Attribute unless you were looking to pull something much more specific than just the domain the Mac is joined to.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mm2270

Active Directory status is a standard inventory report item in the Casper Suite. You don't need an Extension Attribute unless you were looking to pull something much more specific than just the domain the Mac is joined to.

youngmk
New Contributor

The AD status does not seem reliable to me. I am seeing 20 machines which I know are joined that are not showing in JAMF.

mm2270

Are you certain they've recon'ed to your JSS properly? Are your Macs joined to AD at imaging time or are they joined later? There's usually some reason why data isn't showing up in the JSS. I'm just not sure what it would be on those particular Macs

youngmk
New Contributor

We are joining manually post imaging.

talkingmoose

Kind of reiterating Mike's question: Are you running recon after joining your Macs to AD so that the JSS gets updated to reflect this information?

If you have something like Apple Remote Desktop you can run a UNIX command to display whether a machine is bound to AD:

dsconfigad -show

To get just the relevant information:

dsconfigad -show -lu localAdminName -lp localAdminPassword | head -2