Inventory of iPads

icicicic
New Contributor

Nearly all our iPads have not been inventoried since last month despite being managed. A remote command to gather inventory updates was sent out for a few days running to no avail.

There was a period 2 weeks ago that our reseller messed up our JAMF renewal licences and as a result, we were not able to manage the majority of the iPads. Now that our licenses have been renewed successfully, I am still unable to get an inventory update.

I also noticed I can't even push out any new apps, remotely wipe the devices etc.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

MDMMan
New Contributor III

Did your APNS cert expire? I believe that if that expires before you renew it, Jamf cannot push the updated cert to existing devices. You have to re-enroll them to get the updated cert. (unless Apple has changed something in the past could years with that trust relationship)

icicicic
New Contributor

I made sure that any tokens or certs that were nearly expiring were renewed well in advance of the annual renewal date of our JAMF licences.

How would I go about re-enrolling the existing devices?

MDMMan
New Contributor III

If they are DEP enrolled, they must be factory reset. If they are not DEP enrolled, it is still a manual touch on each one. I would definitely touch base with Jamf before re-enrolling all devices in your environment to see if there is something else that can be done.