iOS 18 and VPN & Device Management are gone or greyed out

joltser
New Contributor II

I updated a IOS iPad Pro to version 18 and now I can't view VPN and Device Management to look at my MDM enrollment information.   I can't seem to find anything that would gray this out in my Jamf Pro Configs.  Mind you, in version 17.x I do not have this problem with any of my enrolled devices.  I will also point out that when it is missing TV Provider is listed 2 times in the General section and both are greyed out. When VPN and Device Management is listed and grayed out TV Provider is listed 1 time above this.   This is oblivious a bug in iOS 18 or Jamf Pro.  Any help is appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

dferter
New Contributor

Here are a few steps to troubleshoot:
  1. Restart Device: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve display issues.
  2. Recheck Jamf Pro Configs: Ensure no new restrictions were added inadvertently in your MDM profiles.
  3. Update Jamf Pro: Make sure you're running the latest version of Jamf Pro, as updates might address compatibility issues.
  4. Device Compliance: Verify the device is compliant with MDM policies. Non-compliance might restrict access to certain settings.

Hope! it would be helpful.

joltser
New Contributor II

The fix, not fix, was pulling the device out of our default restrictions configuration and then putting it back in...  So it was caused by Jamf's configuration profile during the upgrade. fun fact, after a reboot it goes back to grey and hides the VPN and Device Management button behind a 2nd TV Provider button.  My Default Configuration has some setting causing this issue, but nothing on the list should be blocking/hiding this button. It works in iOS 17 just fine.