iOS 6 behind Proxy, App Store/iTunes not working

wangl2
Contributor

Hey guys,
I know this is not a Apple forum but Apple is really not helping when it comes to troubleshooting.
We have a HTTP proxy server set up in the school, like every other sensible enterprise on the planet. iPads are using an Auto Configured .DAT file. Things are working fine until iOS 6 arrives. All of sudden, App Store and iTunes are not working anymore. iOS 6 devices remains connected to internet and every Apps are working except App Store and iTunes.
I did a bit of research but didn't really find any answers. According to the internet source, Apple has completely changed the way authentication is done to the iTunes/App Store. It is no longer HTTP/HTTPS. But it sends non-HTTP/HTTPS traffic on ports 80/443 so when a proxy server is listening on those ports and gets something that is not HTTP/HTTPS it cannot understand. I know this is an old topic in the wrong forum so please accept my apologies if this thread annoys anybody.
Thank you very much!!!

2 REPLIES 2

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Have you tried using the server address and port directly instead of a dat/pac file? We've had the same issue here and that seems to resolve it. Not sure why yet, though.

user-LJtPwEZCWZ
New Contributor

what was the problem?