iOS Enrollment Profile - Display Removal Notification

etippett
Contributor II

When creating an iOS enrollment profile there is a checkbox for "Display removal notification in inventory". Where does this notification show up when a user removes the enrollment profile? I just removed the enrollment profile from an iPad running iOS 8.1.2 (JSS is 9.62) and I don't see any notification in my Mobile Device list, or when looking at the device record itself. It shows as unmanaged, but I has hoping for something a little more "in my face" so that I would know when a user removed my ability to manage their device. The enrollment profile was installed using Apple Configurator on a supervised device.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

qhle373
Contributor

We made it a little simpler. We just made a group splitting the models up and since they will show up and conversely disappear when the MDM is removed.

Technically they aren't searchable in your regular inventory if unmanaged. We just put (Model like iPad) for example, and we get alerted with any movement into and out of JAMF with a link to the device. Its just the device page so it will have whatever values that were present on last check-in including serial and all that info should you need to find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

qhle373
Contributor

We have a group that tracks devices with enrollment profiles, and we checked it to alert us via e-mail. We get alerted anytime a device is added or is removed from it.

etippett
Contributor II

@qhle373

So you are using the criteria "Enrollment Method: Enrollment profile is [name of profile]" for that smart group?

qhle373
Contributor

We made it a little simpler. We just made a group splitting the models up and since they will show up and conversely disappear when the MDM is removed.

Technically they aren't searchable in your regular inventory if unmanaged. We just put (Model like iPad) for example, and we get alerted with any movement into and out of JAMF with a link to the device. Its just the device page so it will have whatever values that were present on last check-in including serial and all that info should you need to find it.

etippett
Contributor II

Ah, interesting. My JSS has a built-in group called "All Managed iPads"; simply checking the box for email notifications on this group seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

I'm pleasantly surprised that some sort of communication goes back to the MDM (in this case the JSS) when the MDM profile is removed...