IOS Storage being taken up

kowsar_ahmed
Contributor

Hi Guys,

I have a few phones here where the storage of the device is 64GB. However if i look at storage & iCloud use on the device it says pictures 4GB and Spotify 5GB. Everything else is about 80-100MB x 20 apps or so. What on earth is the rest of this data? And how can i free it up? Any help is much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@kowsar.ahmed it's possible there are pictures or videos that were sent as text or iMessages that could be taking up space. Also if you have email accounts setup they could be using a significant amount of space. Have a look at Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage (under the Storage section and not the iCloud section) to get a detailed listing of what is using up your storage.

bburdeaux
Contributor II

It's also possible that the unused space on the phone was not properly marked as such. If you plug the phone into itunes, do you see most of that space taken up by "Other"? This is usually an indication of a corrupted iCloud backup that doesn't properly label the unused space, so the phone assumes there's something there despite it actually being empty.