iOS Wi-Fi autologin using AD credentials

donparfet
Contributor

I know I can force users to authenticate to an iOS device with their AD username/password. Is there a way to pass those credentials to authenticate to Wi-Fi as well (802.1)?

4 REPLIES 4

sprovost
New Contributor III

Don: we use a radius server setup for our wifi for the iOS devices.
I push a profile to the device with an AD service account.
I am sure you can push a profile where the user has to enter their own credentials.
stephen

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@donparfet You can push a profile that connects users to the wireless & enters their username, they will then be prompted to enter their password to connect.

shannon_stimack
New Contributor

I have been pushing the profile that connects users to the wi-fi and then they enter their (AD) username and password. It works great until it decides to drop the connection and then the users are unable to reconnect because it only asks for the password. When the user enters in their network password it say invalid. No option to forget the network. My only option is to remove management and re-enroll. Not ideal. Does this have something to do with our Radius? Any help would be great.

sprovost
New Contributor III

Do not forget the "certificate" from the radius or AD controller for your windows environment.
I had to get the right certificate that is added to the profile for the wifi in our environment.

stephen