iPad is asking for a Apple ID on the lock screen after prestage.

dmitchell
Contributor

We just wiped/setup an iPad that had never been enrolled before (purchased from Apple). It was added to our normal prestage, says "being configured by organization" during setup but as soon as it's done it immediately asks for an Apple ID on the lock screen. I can't login with any because there is no internet connection. I have never seen this before. I have completely removed it from jamf twice and this keeps happening.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hsekiv
Contributor

Does it restart after receiving the configuration file? If it does, it sounds like the iPad is configured as a Shared iPad. This is a setting within PreStage Enrollments called Enable Shared iPad. If there are no classes configured within Apple School Manager, then you will see the Apple ID prompt. Once classes are setup (if you in fact want to use Shared iPad) then the Apple ID screen changes to the class and student list to login.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

hsekiv
Contributor

Does it restart after receiving the configuration file? If it does, it sounds like the iPad is configured as a Shared iPad. This is a setting within PreStage Enrollments called Enable Shared iPad. If there are no classes configured within Apple School Manager, then you will see the Apple ID prompt. Once classes are setup (if you in fact want to use Shared iPad) then the Apple ID screen changes to the class and student list to login.

dmitchell
Contributor

@hsekiv That was it. I didn't even know the setting was enabled as we did a couple of iPads last week with the same prestage and had no issues. Thanks!

hsekiv
Contributor

No worries, we have shared iPads which is why I immediately recognised the issue.