iPad Passcode Configuration Profile is Failing

aparten
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I am somewhat new to Jamf Pro and have deployed it to several iPads with multiple config profiles across different group of iPads. I recently create a passcode for a new group of "Production iPads" that is the exact same profile as I've used for every other iPad and seen no problem. I am now seeing the error below on every single iPad in said group (8 total), but can't find any culprit or a conflict in the other settings. No passcode is being enforce and none of them have a passcode setup yet... Any chance someone else has seen this and had some luck fixing? Any help is much appreciated!

Install Configuration Profile Production - Passcode

The profile “Production - Passcode” may require a passcode change but the passcode cannot be modified.

Thanks in advance!
Alex

2 REPLIES 2

bburdeaux
Contributor II

It sounds like you have a restriction profile installed that prohibits changing the passcode.

aparten
New Contributor III

Ahhh, you are indeed correct. Completely forgot that is one thing special to these versus all other iPads. I guess I'll just remove that part from the payload, set all passcodes, and then add back later. Can't believe I overlooked that!

Should have known that was the case, same story with naming the iPads--can't force a name from server if it's not allowed in Restrictions. It is completely beyond me that the server pushing the config itself cannot no go over itself and set the passcode. Anyone know if that is a Jamf flaw or some sort or limitation on the Apple MDM side?

Thanks a bunch, bburdeaux

Alex