iPhone 11 enrolling with Jamf profile issue - does not log into App Store or download Self Service

CurtisHawkins
New Contributor

Hello,

We have recently deployed Jamf Pro and have enrolled five or so devices with no issues. On an iPhone 11, whenever we install the profile and then log into the phone with an ABM managed ID, it seems that the ID does not log itself into the App Store and then we get the error of 'you cannot log into the app store with a managed ID' when we try to log it in. Our other devices automatically log into the App Store with a managed ID when the device is logged in and they do not have this issue. Can anyone provide some support on this? Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

ABM/ASM accounts can't be used with Apple E-Commerce services (App Store, Music, TV, etc.) so I'm not sure how you're seeing the opposite of that? Is it possible the previous phones had a consumer Apple ID logged into them prior to the enrollment?

EDIT: https://support.apple.com/guide/apple-business-manager/use-managed-apple-ids-axm78b477c81/web . Service access is listed towards the bottom. App Store is listed as browse, but not purchase. 

redacted

CurtisHawkins
New Contributor

Thanks Steve. On some of our iPhones, we're still seeing however the managed ID as 'signed in'. We use an app called TestFlight and it's crucial that we can at least log into it. This issue i'm describing is only happening on one phone, in the same region as the other one of mine that is working.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Well if you have the ability to I'd wipe it try again as this sounds like a fluke. Do all three of these have the same OS version?