Is anyone printing using Equitrac and Xerox successfully?

lrhodes
New Contributor II

Is there anyone here who has successfully deployed Equitrac and printed using Xerox, deployed from Jamf Pro in their environment? 

I have it working intermittently, but the inconsistencies would be a nightmare for the service Desk and no doubt create endless tickets.

I have followed instructions from their support service called Kofax, created a script, packages and PPPC's, run locally and deployed from Jamf Pro, but still the process of printing using Equitrac continues to encourage grey hairs at an alarming rate. 

We have tested on M1, M2 and M3 chips. Monterey, Ventura and Sonoma. The inconsistencies are never-ending. We have scenarios where the EQLoginCotroller.app, will not appear. Sometimes it will appear but give an error saying "Unable to connect to print server". Sometimes it appears, allows you to authenticate, but never sends the print to the server. Sometimes the print cost preview will pop-up, other times it will not.

On a good day, it'll work consistently on different chips and macOS versions making you think you've cracked it, then fail again. It's quite the conundrum. 

The support company I am dealing with don't have a great deal of Jamf / Mac experience, although they are trying. I've had to piece their recommended process together from various knowledge base articles scattered across the web. I was hoping to find someone who has conquered this and is experiencing consistent, pain-free printing. if this sounds like you, I'd love to pick your brains. Thanks in advance for ay correspondence. Happy to share my scripts and process. 

3 REPLIES 3

scottb
Honored Contributor

I am not currently, but did in 2022/23 and it was indeed a very large PITA.

It took a lot of work, and we started with SMB and then moved to the new format (*which I can't recall).

We had to create printer presets and all sorts of items to make it work - and we did, but I honestly hope I never see it again.

I'll go back and see if I have anything that I can share that might be of use to you...

lrhodes
New Contributor II

Hi Scott, just checking in to see if you managed to dig up anything of any use? 

lrhodes
New Contributor II

It's good to know I'm not the only one struggling! Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. We've got it working, it's just very temperamental. Not ideal, but the more I read and speak to people, I get the feeling it's an unavoidable experience when dealing with this software.