Is it possible to automate policy limitations for categories?

Kraig
New Contributor II

What we’d like to do is to have a top-level policy filtered to all sites, which would force an LDAP group limitation for self-service apps whenever a technician chooses a specific category for that app.

The end result is that customers see all apps and their categories that aren’t limited, but when the technician logs into self-service on the customer’s Mac they then see the ‘hidden’ categories.

I do have this all working, save the automation of LDAP limitations for categories.

Any advice is appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

bburdeaux
Contributor II

The easiest way to "hide" categories is to make sure the users in question don't have any items scoped to them in that category. If all of the technician specific policies are in their own category, then that category should only appear in self service for the technicians.

Kraig
New Contributor II

Right, and thank you, bburdeaux. That’s not what I’m asking though since I do understand that. What I’d like to do is to have a top-level policy filtered to all sites, which would force an LDAP group limitation for self-service apps whenever a technician chooses a specific tech-only category for an app.