I have purchased Composer, but we do not own the Casper Suite. We're using OS X Server / Deploy Studio for all deployments at the moment. In previous environments where we've had Casper, I would just use Casper Admin to create printer policies. However, I'm now limited to just Composer.
Is it possible at all to package up a printer using just Composer? If I start a new and modified snapshot, then install the printer manually, will Composer reliable capture all of the changes?
If not, is there a solid alternative (other than buying Casper)?
I am trying to create a printer package with Composer. I'm with a university, but not with central IT, so I don't have access to Caspar Admin....I do have access to Composer 9.x. I am on OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, using the Canon ImageRunner 4051 package.
What I've done was the following:
1. Opened up the Canon driver package to install; leaving the window with the "install" button in that state.
2. Launched Composer and started a normal snapshot.
3. Click on the "Install" button to install the driver and PPD files.
4. Completed the snapshot.
5. Created a new script with the above info from jonnydford, and then complied it.
6. Once done, I then created the package.
I then tested the package. While the installer seems to work, when I went inside System Preferences, the printer was not added there.
What am I missing? Any assistance would be appreciated; thanks!