Is Jamf taking over JSSImporter?

lashomb
Contributor II

This was asked during JNUC last year, and the response from Charles Edge at the time suggested it was possible. We haven't heard anything. Can we get an idea if Jamf is planning this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kryptedjamf
New Contributor II

I have had limited discussions with Shea and filed a PR earlier last month to add functionality with our patch server. We've also had a couple of developers poking around and helping out with it. I don't think Shea wants someone else to take it over but if he asked we certainly would. In the meantime, we are working on being more active and helping out with it where we can. In the future, I'd be very open to anyone sending me specific issues from the GitHub page and us helping to resolve them so Shea or someone else can spend their time doing other fun projects! Or even taking it over if asked (I am the one that made Allister write the original, a long, long, long time ago). But I have far, far too much respect for Shea to fork it or assume he wants to relinquish control. But I'm very open to whatever outcome he wants!

In the meantime, just being there to help I hope has been useful, and I just need some time to get the issues he indicated with my PR resolved so we can get the integration between JSSImporter and the new patch endpoints working.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kryptedjamf
New Contributor II

I have had limited discussions with Shea and filed a PR earlier last month to add functionality with our patch server. We've also had a couple of developers poking around and helping out with it. I don't think Shea wants someone else to take it over but if he asked we certainly would. In the meantime, we are working on being more active and helping out with it where we can. In the future, I'd be very open to anyone sending me specific issues from the GitHub page and us helping to resolve them so Shea or someone else can spend their time doing other fun projects! Or even taking it over if asked (I am the one that made Allister write the original, a long, long, long time ago). But I have far, far too much respect for Shea to fork it or assume he wants to relinquish control. But I'm very open to whatever outcome he wants!

In the meantime, just being there to help I hope has been useful, and I just need some time to get the issues he indicated with my PR resolved so we can get the integration between JSSImporter and the new patch endpoints working.

Hope that helps!

lashomb
Contributor II

Thanks Charles, I missed your PR. When looking at the open issues for the repo. Doh.