Is there a link to download Safari 7.14?

Poseiden951
Contributor

I'm new to Casper (6 months), and I can't seem to find a download link on support.apple.com/downloads. Can someone help me out? Is there also a better way of getting the pkg instead of waiting for Appe?

Safari 7.14 for Mavericks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

H3144-IT
Contributor II

Safari comes either bundled with Mac OS X Updates or gets distributed via the Mac App Store - there are no longer individual downloads of Safari via " http://support.apple.com/downloads "

You can try and get Mac OS X Server, there you can create a Software Update Server (SUS) for yourself and it downloads all the Updates.

This SUS can be linked in CasperSuite, so you can control which Updates will be allowed to get installed on CasperSuite enrolled Computers.

Best regards

Max

View solution in original post

Josh_Smith
Contributor III

You can also use softwareupdate in Terminal to download the update you want directly. This was not my idea...I have benefited from it but can't find the original source (it was probably Rich Trouton or Ben Tom's blog but I'm not seeing it)

On a Mac that needs the update, get a list of available software updates:

softwareupdate -l
....some output omited.....
   * Command Line Tools (OS X Mavericks)-6.2
    Command Line Tools (OS X 10.9) (6.2), 104718K [recommended]
   * Safari7.1.4Mavericks-7.1.4
    Safari (7.1.4), 59630K [recommended]

Tell software update to download (but not install) the Safari Update by name:

softwareupdate -d Safari7.1.4Mavericks-7.1.4

The update package is now in a subfolder of /Library/Updates:

find /Library/Updates/* -name *Safari*
/Library/Updates/031-17828/Safari7.1.4Mavericks.pkg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

H3144-IT
Contributor II

Safari comes either bundled with Mac OS X Updates or gets distributed via the Mac App Store - there are no longer individual downloads of Safari via " http://support.apple.com/downloads "

You can try and get Mac OS X Server, there you can create a Software Update Server (SUS) for yourself and it downloads all the Updates.

This SUS can be linked in CasperSuite, so you can control which Updates will be allowed to get installed on CasperSuite enrolled Computers.

Best regards

Max

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@Poseiden951, when you download and install the app from the App Store, the downloads go to /Library/Updates where I went and grabbed a copy of the .pkg file before it got deleted after the installer completed. Maybe that will work for you as well.

Edit: I should clarify that this is where I've noticed Apple OS updates get downloaded to and not other apps downloaded from the Mac App Store.

scottb
Honored Contributor

You might be able to use this (also used for iLife, iWork apps, etc)

Save MAS downloads

Haven't used it in a while, but if you try that on a Mac without the update installed, you may be able to pull it.

Josh_Smith
Contributor III

You can also use softwareupdate in Terminal to download the update you want directly. This was not my idea...I have benefited from it but can't find the original source (it was probably Rich Trouton or Ben Tom's blog but I'm not seeing it)

On a Mac that needs the update, get a list of available software updates:

softwareupdate -l
....some output omited.....
   * Command Line Tools (OS X Mavericks)-6.2
    Command Line Tools (OS X 10.9) (6.2), 104718K [recommended]
   * Safari7.1.4Mavericks-7.1.4
    Safari (7.1.4), 59630K [recommended]

Tell software update to download (but not install) the Safari Update by name:

softwareupdate -d Safari7.1.4Mavericks-7.1.4

The update package is now in a subfolder of /Library/Updates:

find /Library/Updates/* -name *Safari*
/Library/Updates/031-17828/Safari7.1.4Mavericks.pkg

Poseiden951
Contributor

Thank you @Josh.Smith, worked like a charm.