Is there a way to not allow a student to use a passcode on their iPad?

david_yenzer
Contributor II

I see lots of posts about the difficulty of clearing forgotten passcodes since the iPads no longer connect to wi-fi after going to sleep for a period of time, resulting in a DFU as the fix - but I did not see anything about whether we could block students entirely from entering a passcode on the iPad? Is that possible?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jbisgett
Contributor II

Yes, you can create a configuration profile to restrict Modifying passcode under Restrictions -> Functionality and assign it to your student devices. You could then do a search and perform a mass action to clear the passcodes from those devices.

This will remove the passcode from the devices and prevent the students from setting it again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jbisgett
Contributor II

Yes, you can create a configuration profile to restrict Modifying passcode under Restrictions -> Functionality and assign it to your student devices. You could then do a search and perform a mass action to clear the passcodes from those devices.

This will remove the passcode from the devices and prevent the students from setting it again.

jbisgett
Contributor II

Also, make sure that your prestage enrollment for your student devices has Passcode lock checked to not be displayed, so they are not prompted to set it during enrollment.

david_yenzer
Contributor II

Hot diggity! Thanks, that language in the policy was a little less than intuitive to me...can't modify it unless it has been created first...hence my question. I did a quick test and that solves it!

Our prestage it set to only show Location Services to the user, so the other suggestion should already be handled.

THANKS!