Issue deploying startup script to install Autodesk Maya 2020

dmoloney
New Contributor

Hi guys,

I'm still getting used to Jamf so bear with me.

I've created a Policy to copy the Install Maya 2020.app

Subsequently running two scripts
1. Install Maya
2. Configure license server file

The Install script:

**#!/bin/sh

/library/installers/maya_2020/Install Maya 2020.app/Contents/Helper/Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/Setup --silent

exit 0**

Fails with this error:

Executing Policy FAE - Maya 2020
Mounting fsbaprod02
Installing FAE - Maya_2020.dmg...
Closing package...
Running script FAE - Maya Install...
Script exit code: 0
Script result: _RegisterApplication(), FAILED TO establish the default connection to the WindowServer, _CGSDefaultConnection() is NULL.
/Library/Application Support/JAMF/tmp/FAE - Maya Install: line 3: 780 Segmentation fault: 11 /library/installers/maya_2020/Install_Maya_2020.app/Contents/Helper/Setup.app/Contents/MacOS/Setup --silent

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

cgalik
Contributor

From what I've found in my limited testing, even though the installer is running "silent", it refuses to run unless there is someone logged in to the graphical UI. I'm still working with their support team to try to find a way to do the install remotely, but nothing yet. Do let us know if you find something!

cizdziem
New Contributor III

Hey @cgalik, by chance, did you happen to reach a resolution with the Autodesk support team? In testing my Maya 2020 deployment, I'm seeing the same behavior you described: it appears that a user must be logged into the Mac for anything to be installed. Thanks!

Onkston
New Contributor III

This should work: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/36036/packaging-maya-2020