Issue installing capsersuite onto windows 2008 r2 server

medwards
New Contributor

Im trying to install caspersuite onto win 08 r2, each time it gets part way through then flags an error:

error 1720 - there is a problem with this installer package. a script required for this install could not be run. custom action upgradejssdatabaseutil.vbs script error 2147024894, wshshell.exec. the system cannot find the specified file.

Its running on a freshly installed VM, I'm logged in as admin with all of the usual restrictions removed. I checked out the internet for resolutions to the error code as assumed this would be more of a windows issue than JAMF but have hit a road block.

Was curious if anyone else has ran into this and how did you manage to resolve? thanks

3 REPLIES 3

AndyBeaver
Contributor II

Seems like we did a while back...Fully updated install of WIN2k8? If I remember correctly it was something as ridiculous as running updates and rebooting. I remember the .vbs script error...

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

We built our global expansion VMs before CJA was formalized (manually installed and configured each piece) and I remember running into problems if not logged in as a full local administrator (we ended up using the "Administrator" account).

--
https://donmontalvo.com

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

I had a very similar issue installing to 2k8 r2. Before running the installer, manually stop Tomcat, IIS and MySQL. Run your installer and then turn them back on again.