Issue with disabling some optons in system preferences

pty10
New Contributor III

We use an image that we have setup in our Apple server to re-image all or any Macbook(s) when needed. All Macbooks have been added to a computer group via Casper.

We also created a Managed preference profile in Casper (Enabled System Preference Panes2) which restricts some of the apps (Users& Groups, Sharing, iCloud,etc) we don't want students to access.

The restrictions works in about 95% of the Macbooks. We got a few rogue Macbooks where it doesn't matter what I try, I can't get the restrictions to work in system preferences. Students for those particular Macbooks have full access to all the apps.

If I re-image the Macbook, the problem still there (full access the system preferences)
Tried resetting the PRAM, still same issue

Here's the file:

<array> <string>com.apple.Localization</string> <string>com.apple.prefs.backup</string> <string>com.apple.preferences.Bluetooth</string> <string>com.apple.preference.datetime</string> <string>com.apple.preference.digihub.discs</string> <string>com.apple.preference.displays</string> <string>com.apple.preference.dock</string> <string>com.apple.preference.energysaver</string> <string>com.apple.preference.expose</string> <string>com.apple.preference.ink</string> <string>com.apple.preference.internet</string> <string>com.apple.prefpanel.fibrechannel</string> <string>com.apple.preference.general</string> <string>com.apple.preference.keyboard</string> <string>com.apple.preference.mouse</string> <string>com.apple.preference.network</string> <string>com.apple.preferences.parentalcontrols</string> <string>com.apple.preference.printfax</string> <string>com.apple.preference.quicktime</string> <string>com.apple.preference.security</string> <string>com.apple.preferences.softwareupdate</string> <string>com.apple.preference.sound</string> <string>com.apple.preference.speech</string> <string>com.apple.preference.spotlight</string> <string>com.apple.preference.startupdisk</string> <string>com.apple.preference.trackpad</string> <string>com.apple.preference.universalaccess</string> <string>com.adobe.flashplayerpreferences</string>
</array>

Setting set to: System Level Enforced

Any Idea as to why the restrictions wouldn't work in some of the Macbooks?

Thanks,

Henry

0 REPLIES 0