Issue with Safari and Ventura

glpi-ios
Contributor III

Hello everyone,

We use Jamf Pro Cloud 10.42.1 and we have an issue with macOS Ventura. When we prepare a Mac with our prestage enrollment, we have a message : You do not have permission to use the application "SafariSupport".

We use exactly the same configuration profiles for Big Sur and Monterey and we never had this message.

You can see screenshots of our Restrictions Configuration Profile. Applications folder is in Allow folders so we don't understand why we have this message.

And if we add Safari in Allow Apps, Safari opens but we have the dialog box again.

Anyone had this issue or understand what is wrong with our Restrictions Configuration Profile ?

Restriction-payload-1.jpg

Restriction-payload-2.jpg

SafariSupport.jpg

   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

glpi-ios
Contributor III

Hello @AtillaTheC 

We have resolved our issue by adding /System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/ to the allow folders.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AtillaTheC
Contributor II

What happens when you explicitly allow the webkit?

/System/Library/StagedFrameworks/Safari

glpi-ios
Contributor III

Hello @AtillaTheC 

We have resolved our issue by adding /System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/ to the allow folders.

We're stilling the error message when trying to launch safari even with all the paths mentioned in this thread to the allow folders. 

@lambertd2 Please, can you send us a screenshot of your configuration profile ?

musat
Contributor III

Thanks. I just added this to our Restrictions Profile. Hopefully it does the trick.

musat
Contributor III

I wound up also adding the folders:

/System/Cryptexes/App/System/Library/CoreServices

/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/App/System/Library/CoreServices

I did not do any extra trial and error to see if I needed both of these folders, or if just one of these three were necessary. But with all of these I no longer get the SafariSupport errors on our student Macs.