Issues with Sierra NetBoot AutoCasperNBI

jthurwood
New Contributor III

Has anyone had issues building a NetBoot image with AutoCasperNBI?

I successfully had a machine boot to the NetBoot image but when running Casper Imaging it skips through all the steps and restarts even theough i forced the updated rc.netboot file.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

do you have an auto run enabled for that machine?

jthurwood
New Contributor III

I don't think so. It's auto-running it's skipping all steps as if the NetBoot image is not diskless

mconners
Valued Contributor

I just checked @jthurwood and it is working fine for me.

Do you know if the hard drive has been formatted by you before or is this a new Mac? I don't recall off hand so please forgive me, but I think in the past on some new Macs, I had the same issue with previous OS'es. I think it had something to do with the core storage not being deletable by Casper imaging. I could be wrong. I am little foggy at the moment on this one but it might point you in a new direction for troubleshooting

What I did back in the day was stop Casper imaging from running on NetBoot by holding down the shift key when casper imaging was starting up. Then I would run disk utility to format the drive. Once formatted, I would re-launch casper imaging and I think it ran fine after that. Again, this only happened on a few Macs out of several hundred and only on new ones out of the box.

I hope this helps in some way.

jthurwood
New Contributor III

I still have not been able to get this working. It almost looks like the rc.netboot file is being ignored even though the option was ticked to replace it in AutoCasperNBI