Items not populating in JSS

efisher
New Contributor III

Hello there! I'm having an issue where items I set to be available in Jamf Self Service are not appearing. It doesn't seem to matter if it's iOS or macOS apps or policies--I check to make them available in Self Service, and if it's a policy I ensure that the Check In is set to Recurring. They do not populate. I tried the Installation URL from the Self Service tab but it results in an error from JSS: "This item is no longer available." As far as I can tell, it definitely is, but clearly I've got something wrong somewhere and I've hit a wall so I thought I'd ask Jamf Nation for help. Any ideas are much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TheAngryYeti
Contributor
Contributor

So for self-service, you will want no triggers selected for policies along with "ongoing" for frequency if you would like the policy to stay available in SS.  After that, you will need to make sure your scope is appropriate, even though it is SS you still need a scope defined for it to appear.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TheAngryYeti
Contributor
Contributor

So for self-service, you will want no triggers selected for policies along with "ongoing" for frequency if you would like the policy to stay available in SS.  After that, you will need to make sure your scope is appropriate, even though it is SS you still need a scope defined for it to appear.

efisher
New Contributor III

Scope was the culprit! Thank you so much.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Check your scopes, that is what causes this in just about every situation. If scopes are right, make sure your reoccurrence is also ongoing. You can also call a policy from CLI on macOS not matter what the triggers are with "sudo jamf policy -id {policy ID number}" to narrow this down to a policy issue or a self-service issue.

efisher
New Contributor III

This is fantastic info--thank you! it was totally the scope. 

scottb
Honored Contributor

For the reasons above which are bang-on, I usually do separate policies for Self Service.

In other words, if I have an install or other policy that I run say at "Enrollment Complete" and I also want users to be able to install/run the policy at a later time (reinstall, etc) I create two policies.

It's easier and safer to keep Self Service stuff separate (in my experience).

Likely you're running into what the guys above posted...

efisher
New Contributor III

It was a scope problem but I will absolutely be following your excellent advice going forward, I have separate policies for just about everything and I wouldn't mind another layer for what I have available in JSS. Thank you!