Jamf and user information from google cloud

SzymonManiurski
New Contributor II

Hi

Hello
I am looking for a solution to the problem of retrieving user information from google cloud.
The problem is that I am connected to Cloud Identity Providers -> company name - mapping. I can perform a test and find people from my organization there, there is a full list of data from google cloud - what I need.

However when enrolling a laptop where the user has to log in after SSO. Policies are downloading, laptop is configuring but I don't have any information either in user data or in Computer -user and location.

What could be wrong here?
I tried to wait, wait a long time (more than 24 hours even though I have a checkin for 5 minutes) - I tried sudo jamf recon and nothing.

SzymonManiurski_0-1671462003884.png

SzymonManiurski_1-1671462064608.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SzymonManiurski
New Contributor II

i solved this

problem was with mapping

so for example - when you enrolled your laptop with name.surname@company.com that username was then this email adress

so when mapping asked google to reveal additional user data - google does not know who that is because google wanted just name.surname

so i changed mapping  - username is now mail and that helped with that case.

SzymonManiurski_0-1671547748143.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SzymonManiurski
New Contributor II

ok i think i get it

username - i have name.surname@company.com

but to proper mapping i need username as name.surname

jamf populates this as first SSO login thru enrollmnent (you need to put your email adress - so this is confussion)

anybody knows how to change that?

we had to use google LDAP instead for login to solve this, had a ticket open with Jamf forever but found no other way. This is just a stop gap for us until we get Okta up and running for Jamf.

Downside here is no 2-factor at enrollment with this work around. Users will sign in with first.last and google password. 

SzymonManiurski
New Contributor II

i solved this

problem was with mapping

so for example - when you enrolled your laptop with name.surname@company.com that username was then this email adress

so when mapping asked google to reveal additional user data - google does not know who that is because google wanted just name.surname

so i changed mapping  - username is now mail and that helped with that case.

SzymonManiurski_0-1671547748143.png