Jamf Composer 10.36 - Application crashes

Simmzee
New Contributor

Hi All, 

I am trying to build a dmg package using Jamf Composer 10.36 on an Apple M1 Silicon device with a normal snapshot. The macOS version is Monterey 12.2.1. Snapshot B has the correct changes, however when I click "Build dmg package" the application crashes.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mhasman
Valued Contributor

I'm using 10.35.1, it works great, no issue

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

mhasman
Valued Contributor

I'm using 10.35.1, it works great, no issue

mickl089
Contributor III

anyone here with problems with jamf admin tool? since 10.36 i get upload errors 502...

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I've been getting 502 errors consistently since version 10.33. It happens 100% of the time if the package I'm uploading is larger than about 500MB. It still happens on smaller packages, just not as frequently. I've tried it from different computers on different networks with the same results. I think Jamf is going to kill the admin apps soon. That's why there have been zero changes or improvements for years. I can't stand working with packages via the browser interface. It's slow and clunky.

Good observation, I always get the errors when uploading larger files as well actually. I can't stand the web interface either and am always glad for additional tools - like Jamf Admin here. It would be a shame if support for it was discontinued.

Simmzee
New Contributor

Here is a quick update. A PI has been created with Jamf regarding Jamf Composer 10.36 crashing. In the meantime, please use a previous version of Composer.

Composer 10.37 has already been released.

MartinXND
New Contributor II

What worked for me is setting the DMG Target Filesystem to APFS or HFS+ instead of Prompt in Composer Preferences.

jxxsmith
New Contributor II

THis worked for me. Flipping the Target FS to APFS stops the App from Crashing. 

I'd like to note that this works for Composer 10.37.2 to fix it hanging where it should offer a prompt as well.