jamf Conference 2019

kchong
New Contributor

I am brand new to jamf. I am wondering if the the jamf conf in November is beneficial to user using Jamf School?

5 REPLIES 5

Cayde-6
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I would have thought any conference relating to software you've invested in would be beneficial to attend.

You'll be able to meet like minded people in the school sector and Jamf / Apple employees dedicated to Jamf Pro & Apple School Manager

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

Yes it will be beneficial, JNUC provides sessions for new users as well as experienced users. As we get closer to the date, the link below will take you to a page where can sort through, read about & enroll in sessions that apply to your experience level as well as sessions on how/what you would like to implement in your environment.

https://www.jamf.com/events/jamf-nation-user-conference/2019/sessions/

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

landon_Starr
Contributor

I think so. It's a fairly large conference, but it has an intimate feel when compared to something like Oktane or McAfees annual conference.

Jamf does a great job of cultivating a diverse group of educational sessions, so it's beneficial no matter what your experience in Jamf is.

thebrucecarter
Contributor II

I would concur with the other posters. I first attended the conference last year. We were just getting started with campus-wide Jamf utilization. I was a complete noob, so I wasn't sure how much I would get out of it. I got a lot. Plus made a lot of contacts. Plus got to have lunch with Adam Engst (TidBITS, in case you are not familiar), who I hadn't seen in person in years. Plus got to visit with Katie English, who used to work here at ND and now works at Jamf, and who still looks the same while I continue to get old and decrepit...

That's not to say that some of it won't be over your head. A lot was over mine, and I'm sure some of it this year will still be up there. But, you live and learn. There are a LOT of smart people that attend this conference, both from Jamf and from their customers.

edickson
Contributor

Would JNUC also be a good conference for those not currently working with Jamf/Apple but looking to move their career in that direction? Asking for a friend.