Jamf Connect 1.2.0 has shipped!

kaylee_carlson
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning Jamf Nation,

We’re excited to launch Jamf Connect 1.2.0, integrated with Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, and OneLogin!

This release continues to make better account management and security with Macs and cloud identity providers possible. Jamf Connect helps IT Admins easily manage and provision Mac accounts, providing users with a better start up experience, while also knowing their company hardware and information is secure. Details of the release are below:

Jamf Connect Admin Guide
KB Articles --

Deploying Jamf Connect
Using authchanger with Jamf Connect
Press Release
Blog

If you have any questions, please let us know!

8 REPLIES 8

realreggie
New Contributor II

Great news!
Where can we find the updated DMG and Admin Guide? @kaylee.carlson

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

That's actually a good question. My immediate assumption was to download the DMG inside this article, but after downloading it, I don't see any of the pkgs in it labeled as version 1.2.0. They are all either 1.1.0 or 1.0.0. But they all (except for Jamf Connect Verify) have modification dates as of yesterday? Did they just not get labeled properly, or are we waiting for a 1.2.0 disk image?

Also, the page linked to above still references 1.1.0 as the latest version. Hmm..

BrendonP
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

When purchasing Jamf Connect, you receive a single license key and download a single DMG, which includes the following Jamf Connect apps:

• Jamf Connect Login
  • Jamf Connect Sync
  • Jamf Connect Verify

Since these items are combined in both license and download, the DMG as a whole has a version number as well. Although this single DMG has a shared version number, each application will have its own version number to help track which applications iterated in a given Jamf Connect release.

Example: On March 28, Jamf Connect 1.2.0 was released, which included two app specific iterations. Jamf Connect Login went from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0, and Jamf Connect Sync went from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1. Jamf Connect Verify, however, remained at 1.0.0 (no code changes).

If you check out the Deploying Jamf Connect Knowledge Base article, you will find a table that lists the most current version of each app.

Brendon | Jamf

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@brendon.paucek Thanks for that clarification! Understood on the "overall" version vs the versions on the individual installers, which may or may not match up.

If I may suggest, it might be useful in the Deploying Jamf Connect doc listed if it included the version as a whole, such as "Deploying Jamf Connect 1.2.0" or something, so people know it's referencing what was mentioned in this thread as the release. Otherwise, it's not terribly clear that installers with versions like 1.1.0 and 1.0.0 are actually part of a 1.2.0 release. I just think that could help clear up any confusion.

Edit: Ok, not sure if I simply missed it (possible) or if it was just updated (it does say updated 51 minutes ago, which puts the modification as after my last post @ 3:48 PM ET), but I see now that it states twice in the Overview "Jamf Connect 1.2.0" so, if it was just updated, then thanks! If I missed that before, then, sorry! :)

friveraLC
New Contributor III

Hi - Where can we find a bug fix list or list of changes?

BrendonP
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

@friveraLC Currently, release note content is included in the "Release History" section of each Jamf Connect admin guide. For example, here is the release history for Jamf Connect Login: http://docs.jamf.com/jamf-connect/1.1.0/login/administrator-guide/Release_History.html

Brendon | Jamf

martin
Contributor III
Contributor III

@kaylee.carlson @brendon.paucek Great news that Jamf Connect extends support for IAMs! Will Jamf Connect Verify/Sync work with these IAMs (Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, and OneLogin) as well?

martin
Contributor III
Contributor III

@kaylee.carlson @brendon.paucek Do you support OneLogin in Europe as well with OneLogin? Jamf Connect Login is showing me an invalid_client "client is invalid" error.