Office 365 autodiscover

yarin
New Contributor II

Hi everyone.
We are trying to deploy Office 365 to all of our Macs.
I used this guide to do it:
https://www.jamf.com/blog/help-users-activate-microsoft-office-365-and-configure-outlook-in-one-click/
We have an email for each user and a different one for activation only (like in the guide)

But after running the outlook app I'm getting the autodiscover window that is trying to connect me to the activation user and not the default email.

Can I fix this somehow?

4 REPLIES 4

talkingmoose

@yarin, on your Mac where you're testing, open Apple menu > System Preferences > Profiles and locate the profile you pushed from Jamf Pro. Are the values there correct for the DefaultEmailAddressOrDomain and OfficeActivationEmailAddress keys?

yarin
New Contributor II

Yes. I have the right keys in order.

yarin
New Contributor II

Someone?

jbutler47
Contributor II

I have a ticket into Microsoft over this issue.

We have an Outlook add-on that uses the logged-in user's email address to allow access to designated service.

When one sets the OfficeActivationEmailAddress to the user's Microsoft UPN (ie "123456@wide.company.com") and the DefaultEmailAddressOrDomain to the actual email address ("john.doe@company.com"), it does populate the Profile preference pane with the Device Profiles, it does allow for ease of logging in with just the password, BUT, the email field in the Preferences/Account settings still populates with the UPN and not the actual email address.

An end user can manually make the change for the email address field within Settings. but what's the fun in that.

So, I hoping to hear more from MS soon, and will share if pertinent.