Jamf Connect 1.6.0 General Availability

kaylee_carlson
Contributor
Contributor

Jamf Connect Login 1.3.1 Enhancements: If using a one-time password (OTP) as a multi-factor authentication (MFA) method, you can now customize the text shown to users when they are prompted for an OTP with the MessageOTPEntry preference key. To use this setting, you must have multi-factor authentication via OTP enabled for your cloud identity provider (IdP).

Jamf Connect Sync 1.0.5 Bug Fix: [PI-006721] Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented password synchronization in certain user environments.

Jamf Connect Verify 1.1.2: N/A

Product Documentation
For more information, including Release Notes, please see the Jamf Connect Administrator Guide.

4 REPLIES 4

alex_guarino
New Contributor II

I installed 1.0.5 of JAMF Connect Sync and here is a screenshot of the configuration profile with the new MessageOTPEntry and it still says "Please enter your password" at the MFA screen.

09c9e307b9064fd58c21099663e83468

fbfddcd8bd324ac0beeadfc2234de7f8

crystallized
New Contributor III

The place where MessageOTPEntry was sorely needed was in Jamf Connect Sync where the messaging is just flat-out wrong as shown by HBPAlex. But instead we got the key in Jamf Connect Login. Yay?

alex_guarino
New Contributor II

@crystallized

ohhh bummer. I actually thought it was in JCS for some reason.

You're right, it's just so confusing to people that "Please enter your password" doesn't mean to enter your password but instead enter your MFA code.

crystallized
New Contributor III

I know, right? I have users consistently getting locked out because they're actually following the instructions, it's a real pain. I would have thought if they were going to make this key work anywhere it would have been in the place where it's broken.