Jamf Connect 1.7.0 Release

kaylee_carlson
Contributor
Contributor

In this release, Jamf is excited to launch Jamf Connect Configuration, a new app that allows administrators to automatically configure and create computer configuration profiles for other Jamf Connect apps. You can use Jamf Connect Configuration to do the following:

• Select and specify Jamf Connect preferences
• Test configurations
• Save configuration profiles, which you can install locally or upload for deployment with a MDM solution
• Open an already existing Jamf Connect configuration profile

Jamf Connect Configuration is included in the Jamf Connect DMG and available for download in My Assets. For additional information, see Jamf Connect Configuration.

Product Enhancements
Jamf Connect Login 1.4.0 – You can now enable users to configure a WiFi connection from the login window by adding the AllowNetworkSelection preference key to your Jamf Connect login configuration profile. When set to true, AllowNetworksSelection displays the Network Connection button in the bottom-right corner of the login window. For more information, see Configuring Jamf Connect Login.

Jamf Connect Sync 1.0.6 – N/A

Jamf Connect Verify 1.1.4 – The following UI changes were made to the Preferences menu:

• Added placeholder text with example values

• Changed some preference setting labels to match between Jamf Connect Verify and Jamf Connect Configuration’s Verify pane.

Product Documentation
For more information, including Release Notes, please see the Jamf Connect Administrator Guide.

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

sslavieroGSMA
New Contributor III

@kaylee.carlson is there any update on when Jamf Connect will be added to Patch Management to make lives a little easier?

Seeing as new versions are coming out so regularly.

View solution in original post

alexmcclements
Contributor

I was trying the Configuration tool, which is rather nifty, however whenever I saved the configuration and uploaded it to JAMF there was nothing in it.

I opened the mobile config file with Atom and I could see content which you can save as a plist and import as a custom setting into a Configuration profile.

ts85
New Contributor III

Does one need to use the Jamf Connect Configuration app in order for version 1.4.0 of Jamf Connect Login to work? I was able to add the AllowNetworkSelection key to my previous test environment which is running Login 1.3.3. However, when I pushed the Login 1.4.0 pkg to a test device and logged out, I was greeted with "An error ocurred. Contact your IT administrator. Could not create request URL" at the login.

tom-monkhouse
New Contributor II

For anyone that wants to see this in Patch Management, please upvote the feature request here:

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/feature-requests/8823/add-jamf-connect-products-to-patch-management

15 REPLIES 15

rqomsiya
Contributor III

Question for the masses.

Has anyone ran an upgrade from an existing version of Jamf Connect Login?

Do you just push out the new updated .pkg?

gragnarok
Release Candidate Programs Tester

When it was NoMad Login I just had to push the updated .pkg and when I updated from NoMad Login to JCL it was the same process so I think it will likely still be that you just need to push out the update .pkg. Would definitely test on a beta group/machine first though.

cwilsonncaa
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@rqomsiya I have pushed multiple updates to JCL and JCV without issue. I updated my package and push to designated machines without any reported issues to date.

sslavieroGSMA
New Contributor III

@kaylee.carlson is there any update on when Jamf Connect will be added to Patch Management to make lives a little easier?

Seeing as new versions are coming out so regularly.

alexmcclements
Contributor

I was trying the Configuration tool, which is rather nifty, however whenever I saved the configuration and uploaded it to JAMF there was nothing in it.

I opened the mobile config file with Atom and I could see content which you can save as a plist and import as a custom setting into a Configuration profile.

ts85
New Contributor III

Does one need to use the Jamf Connect Configuration app in order for version 1.4.0 of Jamf Connect Login to work? I was able to add the AllowNetworkSelection key to my previous test environment which is running Login 1.3.3. However, when I pushed the Login 1.4.0 pkg to a test device and logged out, I was greeted with "An error ocurred. Contact your IT administrator. Could not create request URL" at the login.

tom-monkhouse
New Contributor II

For anyone that wants to see this in Patch Management, please upvote the feature request here:

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/feature-requests/8823/add-jamf-connect-products-to-patch-management

rqomsiya
Contributor III

@drewdiver Do you have an example of your PLIST?

lamador
New Contributor III

Just tested the new version of login 1.4.0 with okta and now it says local username does not exist. i haven't changed anything in my plist. also when users log in to sync it doesn't go away they have to manually close it. and keeps appearing after every reboot. Is there a way to stop the behavior?

kaylee_carlson
Contributor
Contributor

@drew.diver No, you can use whatever methods you prefer. The goal was just to make it easier by using the configuration tool.

kaylee_carlson
Contributor
Contributor

@alexmcclements This one is a Jamf Pro issue in that it cannot display keys it doesn't have a UI for. The keys are all uploaded properly, just not displayed.

kaylee_carlson
Contributor
Contributor

@rqomsiya We are working on adding an "upgrading" section to the Administrator Guide. Stay tuned for this update in future releases.

kaylee_carlson
Contributor
Contributor

@lamador There will be a fix for this issue in the release on Thurs, 9/12. Please visit Jamf Nation for information on the release as well as the latest version and documentation.

mit
New Contributor

JCV 1.1.4 may have introduced an issue with local account passwords? When signing in it says the local & network passwords don't match (when they do) and then tells the user the local password they entered is incorrect. I've reverted to 1.1.3 and it works fine.