Jamf Management account not created on DEP enrollment

jpeters21
Contributor II

Did something change in a recent version that the devices enrolled via DEM and pre-stage enrollment are not getting the Jamf management account (with randomized password) ? My devices are coming out of DEP as "unmanaged", I know how to then set the local admin account but was wondering if there was either a change that requires an additional setting or perhaps an issue. 

I do not actually do much in my pre-stage enrollment since we are not attempting an OOBE for our end use, and have not changed anything in quite a while. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jpeters21
Contributor II

OK so in my case I was coming across known bug PI-007777, which I can not find the definition for under known issues. That gave me the choice of a work around they can apply by the cloud team (takes down cloud instance for a short time) or wait for 10.39 update to my instance. Had the fix applied and I am up and running. Once escalated to an engineer it was handled promptly.. just took a while to get there. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jpeters21
Contributor II

will note a user initiated enrollment creates the account still

hatty
New Contributor

*whew* not just me. 🤞🏽 bug not feature...

piotrr
Contributor III

That sounds horrifying. I have freaking JamfConnect set up on ADE enrollment. I'm going to have to test this. 

jpeters21
Contributor II

Created a ticket with jamf .. will update here when we find a resolution 

jpeters21
Contributor II

well two weeks in, and the suggestions I got was make sure I am deleting the inventory entry prior to re-enrollment and to unhide the management account. Only conclusion so far is what I already knew, enrollment succeeds but creation of the management account is not happening. 

jpeters21
Contributor II

OK so in my case I was coming across known bug PI-007777, which I can not find the definition for under known issues. That gave me the choice of a work around they can apply by the cloud team (takes down cloud instance for a short time) or wait for 10.39 update to my instance. Had the fix applied and I am up and running. Once escalated to an engineer it was handled promptly.. just took a while to get there.