JAMF management notifications - can be disabled by user - turn off - mute

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

EDIT.. wrong sub group 🙄 should be in JAMF Pro.... where is delete in this thing.. ? 🤔

Any user can right click on jamf management notifications and 'turn off'.

They will not turn back on until reboot.

This is.. bad. 

Have a ticket in with jamf support, but in the meantime.. any thoughts.. i

I've had poke around trying to see where this value is stored.. and so far not located.. of course the config profile for this is default from jamf and is locked out to the user. 

dialogmute.png

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Have you tried to make a configuration profile to manage the notifications?

P.S. the most you can do is edit your post and put delete or something in the subject or body. I would be nice to actually have a delete, but alas JAMF does not offer that.

{edit, updated images}

AJPinto_1-1676296875132.png

AJPinto_2-1676296890023.png

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

would that work?

there is already a default config profile from jamf 'Jamf Notifications' for com.jamfsoftware.Management-Action and com.jamfsoftware.selfservice.mac and this cannot be changed?  you can't have two profiles with same payload.. ?

and I don't think this will disable the ablility still to right click and 'turn off' 

(thanks for heads up on delete etc.. it was moved for me by magical jamf pixies

DC_72CA
New Contributor II

How can we remove the Jamf Notifications configuration profile? I have a user that is annoyed by the persistent alerts so wanted to create a custom notification config profile for them. I disabled nofitications in the MacOS self service settings but seems the Jamf Notifications profile isn't being removed.